Thank you Jessica from More Than A Military Spouse for my Liebster Award nomination!
Here’s how it works. There are four steps to receiving this award:
1. List 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
4. Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
11 Things about me:
1. My husband and I share the same birthday, but he is one year younger than me. He reminds me of that often.
2. I am almost done watching all eight seasons of “24” and am not sure where to go from there. Jack Bauer has become my favorite fictional character.
3. My paternal grandmother is Japanese. Sadly I did not learn the language.
4. When I was a teenager a Jeep Grand Cherokee was my dream car.
5. I am a big fan of singing reality TV shows, especially “The Voice,” but I can’t carry a tune to save my life.
6. I was a girl scout for nine years.
7. My dream as a kid was to be a professional beach volleyball player.
8. We have been University of Washington football season ticket holders for four years. I am a graduate of Washington State University and feel like a traitor when I wear purple. Go Cougs!
9. I often make up songs randomly. My husband teases me for this.
10. If I could live anywhere it would be England.
11. My favorite collegiate/professional basketball player is Stephen Curry. My fantasy football teams are named after him.
What sparked your blog idea?
I often have random things in my mind and heart that I think are important, but don’t really have a place in a publication. I started this blog to write about whatever I want whenever I want.
What’s been the most difficult part about blogging?
Consistency! When organizing guest bloggers it’s difficult to remain consistent because it depends on when they submit their post. It’s been a challenge to remain consistent with a blog series when there is nothing to post.
What have you learned in the process of blogging?
I think it’s so neat how a blog can gather a community of people with similar interests. I might not personally know the people who communicate with me via my blog, but it’s cool how we can chat about our common interests.
If you’re on Twitter, who’s your favorite person to follow?
I love Ellen DeGeneres’ tweets! I also am a sucker for Twitter contests! I won Harlem Globetrotter tickets and a DVD via Twitter!
What is your favorite food?
I could eat sushi every day of my life.
If you could only make one trip, where is the one place you want to visit in the world?
What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?
This will only be my third Christmas with the hubby, but I look forward to continuing the traditions we have started. Beginning with buying a tree from Home Depot and strapping it to the top of his Camry.
What is the last book you read (for fun)?
“Blackberry Winter” by Sarah Jio. I love everything she writes.
What do you think about Pinterest?
That it’s one of the best inventions of our generation.
What’s your favorite magazine?
South Sound Mag
Holiday cards: a do or don’t?
A definite do. And the funnier the better!
Here is a list of the winners!
Let me introduce you to some of the blogs I follow. They include friends, coworkers and peeps I’ve met via this blog.
1. The Brilliant Quill
2. The Consulting Adventurer
3. one dress. one year. for freedom.
4. The Good Life
5. The Social Eater
6. ResNovae SF
My questions for these bloggers:
1. How did your blog come about?
2. What is behind the name of your blog?
3. What are some challenges you face as a blogger?
4. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
5. What are you reading right now?
6. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
7. Where is your next trip/vacation going to be?
8. What is your favorite TV show?
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
10. What is your dream job?
11. What is your favorite movie?
Thank you again, Jess for the nomination! Fellow bloggers, enjoy!